Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where I was on 9/11

I was working as a grantwriter for the University in the mill building in the distance of this photo. Someone heard about the first crash on the radio coming in to work, so we turned on the television in the conference room. We watched for a little while before people began to drift away to, mostly, pick children up from school. We had no idea how big the whole thing was going to get, so it seemed the best course of action. I spent much of the rest of the day just hanging out with my son, who was almost four at the time. He wanted to go to the park across the street from where we lived, which we did.

The sky looked almost exactly like in this photo, I think, because it was a very fall-like day. It seemed cool (the temperature).

No comments: