Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sending a book

101010101035

I'm sending a book to sombody who requested it through PaperbackSwap.com. All alone and I'm thinking about this other person who requested a book from me last week. When she received the book she asked to have her credit returned to her because it was a hardbound book and she had requested the paperback version. I'm one of those people who always looks for a hardbound version first, because they are of better quality and they last longer, and it is not so obvious to everyone what exactly you are reading (I take off the dustjacket and throw it away because it gets in the way of reading the book, which slips out of the jacket constantly). I'm not alone in this. Some people want PBS to revalue hardbound books as two credits. And they cost more to mail.

I guess that what really annoys me about this is that to give her her credit back I have to add her to my "Buddy List" in PBS. She's not a buddy. She is a person that is going to get away with a free book that is nicer in most respects than the one she ordered.

So I have energy, but am using it being angry, I guess. And I'm not terribly happy.

No comments: