Sunday, October 08, 2006

Watching a fire















100011000714

Don't feel much like being at a party. And I have to check on the dog every 30 minutes or so, because I am such a sucker. I'm happy, a little, though, to see how easily my son connects with kids his own age. He has found a couple of temporary friends, complete strangers until about an hour ago, and is running around and making up games with them and talking. Right now I'm sort of listening in and this girl his own age is telling him some sort of story about what the embers of the bonfire become after they rise above a certain height (I can't hear well enough to make it out, quite.) I am surrounded by people but otherwise totally alone. Pretty good energy, although most of it is being used up in frustration of various sorts (like with the dog and my situation.)

No comments: