Friday, November 10, 2006

Considerations in Continuing this Experiment

I started this blog because I had a cool idea, that I could post pictures about the things I am seeing at randomly selected times of the day with data about what I am thinking about, how I'm feeling and that sort of thing. And then later on I could run it through some statistical analysis and find out some interesting things about how I can be a happier and more productive person.

But I'm thinking that this will be the last post here for a while. Three main reasons:
  1. There are some technical problems that are making this difficult. Apparently Verizon fixed some sort of problem at vzwpix.com and my posts are able to get through now. I say apparently because the post below took two days to get from my cell phone to this blog. The process used to work dependably and I don't have time to figure out how to fix it right now.
  2. I have entered National Novel Writing Month and committed to producing a novel and have only 20 days left to do so. I'm making excellent progress, but this takes a lot of time.
  3. Maybe most important, writing this novel is clearly the most engaged I can possibly be while I have my clothes on and am not on a tennis court. I hope that this novel doesn't completely suck, because I know I'm a good editor and I can make it a lot better. And I may seriously think about attempting to do this full time after I am done writing it.
So I'm going to take a break from this site for a while and may return to it if things change (if I find myself bogging down in the novel, or I become suddenly unemployed, or depressed, or whatever. And maybe I'll just return to it anyway and finish the experiment. Best way to get notification is to subscribe to the feed.

No comments: