Saturday, February 10, 2007

Back to Working Assets

We had canceled our Working Assets long distance service because we decided to go with a cable TV/internet/phone bundle to save money. So they called us with what sounded like a good deal on wireless. They'd buy out our current contract, give us two of these Katana phones, which the guy said were the latest thing and would take better pictures than my Motorola, and all for about what we are paying now.

Wrong. He didn't know what he was talking about. It would have cost considerably more to get it to send pictures as text message attachments, $15 per month (currently I pay about $5) per phone. Worst thing, though, was that I got this box of phones and stuff via UPS with little instruction as to how to make them work. The packing list said the phones were ready to go, which was completely wrong, they didn't even have phone numbers. And when I tried to use them they connected me to Sprint. They wasted about three hours of my life without any kind of idea of how they might make recompense, so I bundled everything back up and shipped it back to WALD.

No comments: