Sunday, October 15, 2006

Late for church in Bacon room

110101101245

Had to find a bridge that was open because they were running the Bay State Marathon in Lowell today. All but two of Lowell's bridges were closed to traffic. I had forgotten about it this morning. But I also did not realize that it was going to be most of the bridges because I typically only use one of the (the "temporary bridge" the Roarke Bridge. So I assumed that that would be the only one they closed. But no, the organizers apparently were looking for a nice finish along the Merrimack.

So since I was late I ducked upstairs into the traditional room-where-you-go-if-you-are-coughing-or-have-a-baby-that-might-cry-or-something-like-that: The Bacon Room, which above the action and is also where the service is taped from (thus the video-cam on the left there and the tv monitor). It's named after the Bacon family, who must have contributed a great deal to the town and the church (above and beyond the Flemish Chandelier, that is).

A rather excellent sermon today, which I will write about soon in my other blog.

No comments: